From a backyard garden to 21st century peaks, I sincerely hope our PLN flourishes as a useful forum for reaching new summits of teaching and learning. Together, we can ease the climb. Enjoy the journey; let the teamwork begin!
Don’t acronyms drive you crazy? So what’s a PLN??
Here is your Middle School Curriculum Blog Master Teachers, my gift to you. We are all the growers of this blog. I urge you to comment, to link, to question, to educate, and to help each other learn.
In her blog, Once a Teacher, Kate Klingensmith explains Professional Learning Networks.
Here are some ways that educators are using their PLNs
- Professional development – learn from content-area specialists
- Locate resources for your classroom, such as free websites and software
- Get lesson plan ideas from master teachers
- Learn about new technology and how to integrate it into your teaching
- Find collaborative solutions
- Find interesting links to education news”
Isn’t a blog the perfect medium for middle school team collaboration? …a place to plant and harvest our thoughts and resources. …our very own Professional Learning Network with potential global connections and endless possibilities for soaring personal growth!