While state standards are written for teachers, these pamphlets from Michigan state could not be more clear or easier to follow and understand for parents. What a great model to put parents and teachers on the same page. There are grade level expectations for Math and English K-8 in handy, dandy pamphlet form (sorry Susan, Michigan is still working on 7th and 8th math pamphlets). Be amazed!
- Being Out-America’d
- Matt to the Rescue
- The Five Minute University – Who Woulda Guessed?
- The Power of Metaphor
- 21st Century Research into Practice
- Why Design Thinking?
- Please Translate this Finnish “Siesta”
- “Guide on the Side”- Gattegno’s Pedagogy
- The Secret of Finland’s Educational Success: Equality, Cooperation
- Cheri Harwood’s Scoop! Design Thinking in Education
Blogs to Ponder
- 5. Student Blogs 12 brain rules principles 21st century learning AI Ann Davis art back to school blogging tips Blogs blog writing brain research Bud the teacher's wiki class blogs class size collaboration common core standards Creativity creativity crisis critical thinking curriculum curriculum standards cyber safety Darren Kuropatwa David Truss design thinking differentiation digital age digital citizenship digital learners Dr. John Medina Dr. T. Roger Taylor Edmodo Edublogger educational blogging humor IDEO innovation Inquiry-based Learning inspiration Integrating Technology IT movies in education Mrs. Love music musings networked students parent communication pedagogy PISA play poet poetry presentations project-based learning research on learning Scoopit Sir Ken Robinson social networking Stanford d-school K12 education State of US Education Today student communication Taylor Mali teacher tool teacher tools teaching blogging teaching history teaching middle school teaching writing technology integration US Education video Web 2.0 web 3.0 web tools YouTube